13 February 2015

Blondies vs Brownies

It's been a while since I made blondies and brownies so for my friends birthday I decided to make both and pack it in a cute box. 

For the blondies I used:
- 200 gr light brown sugar
- 200 gr room temperature butter
- 200 gr chopped white chocolate
- 175 gr eggs (about 3 large ones)
- 200 gr flour
- pinch of salt
- vanilla sugar 
- 125 dried cranberries 
oven temperature 170C

I started with melting the butter and to that I added about 50 grams of chopped white chocolate.

Then I mixed the sugar with the eggs till it was creamy and I mixed in the rest of the ingredients, cranberries last.

Since I have this nice brownie mold I brushed it with some melted butter and scooped some of the blondie mixture in.
I baked them for about 25 minutes, more or less and they came out perfect. The cranberries gave it a nice extra touch.

For the brownie I used:
- 200 gr melted butter
- 300 gr dark chocolate
- 280 gr flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 180 gr sugar
- vanilla sugar
- 2 teaspoons of instant coffee
- 100 gr chopped walnuts
oven temperature 170C

First I melted the butter with the dark chocolate. Then in a different bowl I mixed the eggs, the sugar, vanilla sugar and the instant coffee. To this I added the melted chocolate and mixed in the flour and salt. Last the walnuts were added.
I baked them for about 25 minutes and they were kinda overdone. Still had lots of flavor but not as chewy as they should be. I think 15-20 minutes would be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment