27 March 2015

Two tier fondant cake

I can't believe how fast it all went. We are now at the end of this phase already. For the last day we had to fill and decorate a two tier cake using fondant and/or royal icing. Normally I would look online to get some inspiration, but this time I decided to just wing it.
I loved the peacock feather stencil I used earlier so I wanted to use it again. Since the top layer of my cake was slightly tilted like the tower of Pisa I decided to make curtains to cover it up. And to use the peacock stencil to make the curtain look pretty. And to hide all the imperfections and to give it more height I wanted to make a big bow ribbon on top. 

For the bottom layer I wanted to keep it sort of plain since there was so much going on on top already. As I couldn't leave it plain I used a flower mold to make different shapes of flowers in different colors. 

I have to say I am very pleased with the result. It was a lovely cake and very tasty to eat as well since I filled it with orange liqueur flavored butter cream and apricot jam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment